Every Business grows through 5 stages of growth
- Each stage has key decisions that with decide if it will grow, plateau or wither
- The key one is moving from start-up to growth, where the foundations of the long-term business are placed
It is this point where the culture, processes, and product function need to be matured so that the business can weather 3 existential questions:
- Question #1 – “What would we do if we could no longer sell our product?”
- Question #2 - “What kind of startup would make us obsolete?”
- Question #3 – “Can we adapt and deliver, consistently?
Without a maturing Product function …
- Is customer feedback clearly captured, collated and flow into the product in time?
- Is the roadmap, functionality and cost of development aligned with the business cashflow and strategic needs?
- Is there a clear and simple way to capture and prioritise innovation?
- Are launch dates getting missed?
- Are there disconnects, bicking and blame between departments as ‘product’ falls through the gaps?
- Is money and time being wasted in inefficient meetings or a mismatch of personality types?
The Product Function Checkup gives a hard look, a mirror to the business,
- It reviews takes 5 core themes of a good product function, and looks the metrics, tools, processes, behaviours, organisation and link to strategy.
- It explores the maturity of the processes, connections, and tools acknowledging the unique circumstances of each business.
This review gives you practical steps to help you achieve your plans:
- A clear understanding of the current state of product management & delivery
- An actionable plan tailored to your unique circumstances
- Assessment of the barriers and inhibitors to achieving the growth/change you are after
- Guidance on how to embed this in your organisation